Thursday 15 May 2014

Poppette corrects Little Man's French

Poppette corrected Little Man's French last night.

I didn't know what to do first...(a) star jumps or (b) run for a pen and a scrap of paper before I forgot the details of their little exchange.

Guess what I went with lol

The conversation (which may lose a little in translation as the pronunciation is quite key here) went like this:

Little Man: "My chaussonzzz" (chaussons i.e.my slippers) - in French the 'S' here is silent but Little Man went all English on us and pronounced the 'S' :-)

Poppette: "No, they're 'chaussons'"

(She did this with a silent 'S' and in a pefect little French accent)

Swoon.

One happy mama.

2 comments:

  1. Clever girl. And so good to read yoir blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22 May, 2014

    Brilliant to see you back Bonne Maman!! x

    ReplyDelete