Monday 26 November 2012

Guest Post for Ma Puce : Bilingualism and My Family

When an email dropped into my inbox recently from Luci McQuitty, the brains behind Ma Puce, asking me to do a guest post, I jumped at the chance.

Ma Puce is an online resource aimed at helping parents teach their 0 - 6 year old children French. It started out as Luci's way to focus her efforts on teaching her own daughter French and grew from there. It's a great place for non-native parents to get advice, resource ideas and honest product reviews and I hope that, by sharing my family's story, I can help Luci in her bid to help others find the confidence to take the plunge and speak French to their own children.

Head over to Ma Puce (by clicking here) to read my post about bilingualism and my family.

In the post, you will also find a link to a giveaway of Be Bilingual, a great new eguide on bilingualism which is due to be published shortly. 

The book is written by Annika  Bourgogne, a trilingual mother of two girls who is, like me, extremely passionate about bi/multilingualism. I recently read Annika's manuscript and it takes the top spot on the list of books that I have read on bilingualism (and i've read a few!!!). It summarises what the experts are saying and what actual bilingual families are saying and is packed full of tried and tested tips and resource ideas. You can read an excerpt of the book by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Fab guest post!! I really enjoyed reading your story - still in awe of how much French you are managing to speak with Popette and Little Man! Emma :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma :D Looking forward to hearning more about the christmas crafts en français you've got up your sleeve for Little Imp and the little one's in your group... Poppette land I ove recreating your fab ideas :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! Just a quickie to let you know I am including your guest post in the BritMums Education Roundup which is live on Weds 12th December. You will be able to find it on the BritMums blog, search under categories on the lower left hand side if you don't see it straight away. I've just now made the correction you asked for, sorry it took me so long, only just spotted your email. Hope all is good with you and thanks again for such a wonderful guest post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant Luci thanks so much :D

      Delete