Tuesday 28 August 2012

Getting Crafty : Exploring Prepositions Dans le Jardin des Rêves (In the Night Garden)

This week, I decided to spend some time exploring prepositions with Poppette. Hoping to make it feel like a game rather than a lesson, I decided to make a 'sticky board' based on one of her favourite cartoon series - Dans le Jardin des Rêves (In the Night Garden).

It's amazing what you can do with an old children's magazine, card, glue, scissors and, of course, my old favourite - contact paper :D - from these I created a selection of her favourite characters which she could then stick to the sticky board.

The sticky board itself serves as a simple backing scene with trees and grass.

In hindsight, if I were to do this again with the distinct goal of exploring prepositions, I would probably go for something different on the backing scene. Something like a picture of a toy box - simple and far easier to demonstrate words such as on, inside, in etc


3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, I know my kids will love it! I need to get me some of that velcro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been reading a post on another blog about basing activities around books you're reading with your child to help engage them, so this extension of that idea, is a fab one to read about, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the idea. There are so many ideas on Pinterest for book related activities too.

    I have started collecting ideas for La Chenille Qui Fait Des Trous [Hungry Caterpillar] (as we have just bought the book for Poppette) and there are literally hundreds :D

    ReplyDelete